Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tomion Gojju...

My recipe names are so crazy.. isin't it. I can't follow the traditional names, even though at times, I have to follow the way they are made, obviously, with the twist of my own style.

I prepared this to have with chapathi. Must be wondering, why I have chapathi almost everyday. You don't know that I'm on a healthier side (fat) so make it mandatory to have chapathis everyday.

Tomion (tomato & onion) gojju is good to eat with dosa's (have tried it before), hot rice, akki rotti, chapathi, poori, ponjal & many more dishes.

Take a non stick kadai. Add 3 tbsn of oil, once it's warm, add 1 tspn mustard, allow it to splutter. Now add 1tspn jeera. Add 2md chopped onions. Allow it to be cruncy, it gets cooked more along with chopped tomatoes. Add turmuric, pinch of salt. Saute it.

Add 4 -5 curry leaves, 6 - 7 pudina leaves, 3 chillies finely chopped, 1 tspn dhaniya powder, 1 tspn sambar or rasam powder (amma made), pinch of hing. Now add the tomatoes (if possible take a combi of sambar and jamoon tomatoes) and mix it well with the above mixture. Add little water, so that it's not dry but little watery.

Garnish with with plenty of chopped corriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment