Friday, November 4, 2011

Ragi rotti with raddot raitha

3rd Nov was not a good day for me in office. My pc crashed and I had to run behind the helpdesk to get it fixed. It took 3/4 of my day and I did not find any alternate pc either, at least to blog!!! very funny..


Prepared something, that I was skeptical about for a long time.


Ragi flour was there lying for a month now and did not know how I could finish it. The only recipe I knew was rotti and mudde (ragi balls). Ragi rotti is the last thing that I wanted to prepare, because I'm bad at preparing rottis'. 


But as saying goes, practice makes Women perfect, so I convinced myself, that it would turn out well. I kept my options open, if the dough fails, then they will get converted to dosas' for sure.


Ragi rotti: Prepartion time 15mins, cooking time 10mins.


Required Ingredients:


2 medium cups of ragi (seaved) can make upto 4 rottis.
1 tspn jeera
2 small onions, finely chopped
3-4 chillies, finely chopped
1 medium grated carrot.
4-5 curry leaves
6-7 stems of corriander
salt & oil
1 medium cup, warm water. (this would help the rotti to cook faster then normal, its half baked as a dough)


Procedure:


Mix all the above ingredients, except oil, nicely. Now add warm water, slowly and see the consistency.
Add oil generously and pat ragi dough on kadai or a dosa tava.
Cook in medium flame and cover it with a lid. Give around 4mins to check if its baked at the botton and reverse the rotti so that it's baked completely. You might have to add oil here again.
You would see the rott in dark chocolate color, then its done. If you want it crisp, then leave it in the kadai or tava for a min more.


Note: Ragi rotti tastes well with ghee or butter.


Raddot (raddish & carrot) raitha: Prepartion time 15mins


Required Ingredients:

1 medium raddish, grated
1 medium carrot, grated.
2 pinch of corriander powder
1 pinch of hing.
2 chillies, finely chopped
4-5 curry leaves,
4-5 stems of corriander
salt
1 large cup of curd

Procedure:

Mix all the above raitha ingredients with curd.

Serve it with Ragi rotti.

Finally, my raggi rotti was a super hit and my cabmates enjoyed eating and finished it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment