Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bulb Veggie palya.

Looks all are siked to see what is this Bulb vegetable looks like or want to know what is this all about.
"Seeme-Badanekai"
When I was a kid, I used to call this vegetable a bulb, because it looked like one. I know you'll will agree with me after seeing the shape of the vegetable.


My vegetable vendor, so some tender ones' and I did not bother to remove the skin. So I cooked palya out of it which came out pretty well. Forget how it looks, it tasted good with the chapati.


Chop the veggie, as required for the palya. Take a kadai, add 1tspn oil, once it's warm, add 1tspn mustard, allow it to splutter. Now add the veggie and mix it well. Sprinkel 1 tbspn water, pinch of salt and cover it with a lid for 5mins. Taste and see, if the veggie is half cooked.


You can also add some cooked green peas, if you have them, else can be omitted. I had few cooked peas and I added it. They looked nice together, but I wanted them to taste well too.


Sprinkled little more salt, added 4 -5 curry leaves, 3 chillies finely chopped, 1 tspn dhaniya powder, 1 tspn sambar or rasam powder (amma made), pinch of hing. Sprinkle little more water, so that these powders mix well with the veggie.


Sprinkle little sugar. When I asked, amma the reason, all she said was, it enhances the taste. When an expert says, you really cant question back. So try.


Garnish it with corriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment