Monday, November 21, 2011

Lemon Dal....

Weekend hangover was still on me and I'm mentally prepared for a long weekend ahead. I was not mentally prepared to cook anything today, but something should be cooked right. So I ended up cooking plain Dal, something light, but yet tasty. I can say, this was my ajji's (ammana amma) invention and she made it the best.


Cook 2 cups of towar dal also called as togari balle, with a pinch of turmuric and little oil. Take a kadai, add 1 tspn of oil, allow it to be warm, add 1 tspn mustard, allow it to splutter, 1 tspn jeera. Saute it. Now add 1 small onion, finely chopped, add 2 - 3 chillies finely chopped . Saute it completely. Add a pinch of hing, 4- 5 curry leaves. Saute all of them and pour it onto dal. Add salt as required and a 1 tspn of dhaniya powder. Bring it to boil. Garnish it with corriander.


Once the dal is warm, squeeze 1 medium lemon. Mix it well with the dal.


Best served as soup or can be had with hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment