Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Onion Gojju...

Spring Onion Gojju...

Spring Onions' were seen every where when I went to buy vegetables. The vegetable guy insisted me to buy a bunch and I agreed, without much hesitation. Later while walking home, I kept thinking, what can I cook.

I had seen spring onions used in noodles, fried rice, gobi and baby corn manchurian and that's it. Now where else.

When I reached home, I sorted out the vegetables and kept this right on top, so that it reminds me to cook something each time.

I had used it already in Noodles, Fried rice, Gobi and Baby corn manchurian (will share the recipes) and a small bunch was still remaining.

My mom is just a phone call away and when I told her about spring onion and she quickly shared a nice gojju recipe.

Ingredients:

1 md bunch of chopped spring onion
1/4 cup thick extract of tamarind juice
3-4 curry leaves
salt
1/4 cup grated jaggery
2 tbspn fried white sesame seeds
4 tbspn fried groundnuts
pinch of turmuric
1/2 tspn hing
1 tspn rasam pwdr (mtr rasam pwdr tastes good, but I use what my mom gives it to me)
3 tbspn oil
1 tspn mustard seeds
1/2 cup grated dry coconut (preferably)

Method:

Coarsely grind sesame seeds, groundnuts, hing and dry coconut,

Take a kadai, add oil, once oil is warm, add mustard seeds. Once the seeds crackle, add curry leaves. Saute them. Now add the chopped spring onions, turmeric and salt. Saute them. Add the tamarind juice, jaggery and rasam pwdr. Bring them to boil in low flame.
Only when they are boiling, add the above grinded mixture and mix them throughly.

Enjoy eating the gojju with hot rice.

Cool the gojju completely and refrigerate for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment