Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Samosa....

I had prepared a lot of evening snacks, but samosa was not in the list. I took the recipe from my mom and I prepared it one evening.

Ingredients:

2 md size potatoes, cooked, peeled and smashed

2 md size carrots, chopped
3-4 beans chopped
1 md size knol chopped
5-6 cauliflower florets
1 small cup fresh peas

Cook carrots, beans, florets, knol and peas. Mix with the smashed aloo and add the below ingredients for the inside stuffing.

1 tspn lemon juice
1/2 tspn kitchen king pwdr
4-5 pudina leaves
3-4 strands chopped coriander
salt
1 tspn om kallu

Now to prepare a coat to cover the stuffing, we need to mix the below ingredients:

1 md cup maida
1/4 cup chirotti rava
1 tspn om kallu
2 tbspn corn flour
salt
2 tbspn hot oil

Mix the above ingredients and sprinkle water when required to prepare a thick dough.

Roll the dough, as we do for poories, cut them into halves (1/2 moon) keep 1 tbspn stuffing in the center, and cover the stuffing. Deep fry in oil.

Honestly I never got the samosa shape. So I ended up, making them shapeless.

Serve hot samosa either with pudina chutney or tomato sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment