Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wafers and Cheeseee dips....

Last time when I had prepared samosa, I had some dough remaining. I kept wondering, what else can be made with it. I thought I'm just gonna fry it in oil and munch it.

The fried wafer tasted very good, but will not go well with any sauce or chutney. That's when I thought I should be preparing a dip, like they serve in pizza outlets, with garlic breads....

Ingredients:

1 md cup maida
1/4 cup chirotti rava
1 tspn om kallu
2 tbspn corn flour
salt
2 tbspn hot oil

Mix the above ingredients and sprinkle water when required to prepare a thick dough.

Roll the dough, like we do for chapathi, cut into any desired shape and deep fry them in oil. Once they turn golden brown, remove them and drain excess oil if any.

Cheese dip:

2 tbspn cheese spread (AMUL has good cheese spreads and they are semi solid)
pinch of salt or can be ignored, as cheese has some salt in them
pinch of pepper
1/4 tspn olive oil (just to loosen the cheese)
crushed thyme and basil (can use dried or fresh leaves)

Mix all of them throughly and enjoy eating with the fried wafers. Serves as a very yummy and lip smacking evening snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment