Monday, February 25, 2013

Peas Pulov and Aloo Gobi..

Sundays' is an interesting day for me and my hubby. For him, it's more of watching 2-3 movies and also enjoy eating my experimental dishes, and for me to try out something different.

On one such day..I lovingly asked my hubby, what do you feel like eating....He was quite for an hour and I thought he has forgotten about it. I was equally breaking my head..what can I cook for lunch..which continues till dinner. I probed him once again.....what do you want me to cook? Thats when he threw a question on me... and it was "Do you know to make peas pulov and aloo gobi?" I was confused..puzzled and excited. I said you'll have it in an hour's time and I got busy preparing it.

Peav Pulov with Alooo gobi sound weird, but make a good combi for eating.

Peas pulov is mildly spiced while aloo gobi to be moderately spiced.


2 md cups of fresh or frozen peas.
2 tspn white pepper
1 tspn ginger garlic paste
4-5 strands of chopped coriander
4-5 mint leaves
salt to taste
2 tbspn oil

Spices:
1 lavang
1 md cinnamon stick
1 small black cardamom
1marath moggu
1/2 jakayi piece
1/2 japatre piece

Grind all the above spices to a fine powder.

Cook rice and spread it across in a wide bowl, so that they dont stick to each other. Add 2 tbspn oil, chopped coriander before mixing the peas masala.

Take a kadai. Add oil, once it's hot, add peas, ginger-garlic paste, salt and the powdered spices. Mix them thoroughly. Turn of the heat and add the mint leaves and saute it. Mix it with the rice completely. Peas pulov is ready.

Aloo Gobi:

4 md sized potatoes: moderately pressure cooked, peeled and cut into cubes.
10-15 cauliflower florets: half cooked

1 tspn garam masala pwdr
1 tspn amchur pwdr
1 tspn salt
4-5 strands chopped coriander
4-5 mint leaves
1 tbspn tomato sauce
1 tbspn oil
1 tspn om
1 tspn ginger-garlic paste

Take a kadai and add oil. Once it's hot, add om, tomato sauce, garam masala, amchur pwdr, salt and ginger garlic paste. Saute them completely. Add potato cubes and cook for 5mins. Followed by florets getting cooked for another 5 mins. Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.

Enjoy eating with jot Peas pulov.

No comments:

Post a Comment