Saturday, February 23, 2013

Masala Puri....


My hubby has to eat something in the evening as snack and it has to be quite filling. I was tried of frying bajjies, bondas and pakodas. So there came another request... can you make masala puri at home? I can't say no.. so ended up preparing it for an evening snack...

I browsed couple of cooking sites, but I found them not that interesting for me to try it. On the pertext of preparing it well, I decided to eat masala puri outside and at the same time ask the chat guy how they make it so well. The chat guy shared the recipe and I ended up preparing it at home.

Let me be honest here. No matter how much ever we try to make the best, it does not match the taste that we eat outside.

So for all the Masala Puri lovers like me... go ahead and try this. Also the remaining masala can be deep freezed for not more than 20 to 25days

Ingredients were:

Pressure cook the below items seperately.

1 md cup toor dal, pressure cooked (we can omit this, but has to increase coconut 2 times)
1/4 kg white peas soaked overnight and pressure cooked

Fry the below items with little oil and grind them to a find paste, along with toor dal.

1 md cup grated coconut (3 cups if we are not adding toor dal)
4 tspn coriander seeds
3 jeera
2 tspn pepper
3 lavang
2 cinnamon sticks
2 marath moggu
1/2 jakayi 
1/2 japatre
2 tspn red chilli pwdr
1 tbspn sugar
salt to taste

Take a kadai. Put the masala paste and saute it. Add water to loosen the paste. Pour the cooked peas, sugar and salt and bring it to boil in low flame.

I think from here, we know to smash the puries and add the necessary vegetables to it and enjoy eating. 

I used the below veggies....

Chopped onions, tomatoes and coriander
Grated carrot
Sev mixture
Salt to sprinkle
Chat masala

We managed to eat, masala puri, sukka puri and dahi puri. 

No comments:

Post a Comment