Friday, February 22, 2013

Pav Bhaji !!!!!

My hubby relishes what ever I cook. But, at times he comes up with requests, where I take some time to digest and make up my mind to prepare it. One such request was to prepare Pav Bhaji, either for breakfast or for an evening snack.

I kept thinking, a Pav Bhaji for breakfast....Each time, I was preparing myself to make it, I used to find the necessary vegetables or the masala over at home.

There arrived one Sunday morning where I was ready to cook it and this is how I prepared it:

3 md potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed.
5 md tomatoes chopped
2 md onion chopped
2 md carrot boiled and mashed
1 md cup fresh peas, coarsely grinded.
1 tbspn ginger and garlic paste
3 tbspn oil
6 tspn butter
salt to taste
2 lemon slices
8 pav 
coriander chopped for garnishing

In the kadai, add 2 tbspn butter and 3 tbspn oil. Once the oil is hot and the butter is melted, add onion and saute it. Once it brown add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, peas, carrot and mashed potatoes and mix them throughly. Add salt and the pav bhaji masala. Keep adding water in small quantities so that the vegetables gets blended in themselves throughly. Also, keep smashing the vegetables in it. Everything should be mixed throughly with the water we have added.

I have heard the best chefs on TV say, that we should be tasting the dish to know if they taste right. So keep tasting it. At times I feel, my tummy full, just by tasting it.

Slice pav horizontally into two, smear butter as generously we want to. Toast the pav lightly by pressing two or three times or till pav is crisp and light brown. Garnish the bhaji with chopped coriander leaves, remaining butter and serve hot with pav accompanied with remaining chopped onion and lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment