Friday, February 22, 2013

Rajma Chawal ....

There are days where I just go blank. Don't know what to cook, only bcoz I don't want to repeatedly  eat what I have cooked already.

Our traditional recipes are just various kinds of rasam, sambhar, kuutoo, towe, gojjus and many more were already prepared.

As I was excited to try out something different and was checking in the kitchen what is it that I can have my hands on.. I spotted plenty of rajma. That's when it striked that I can make rajma for lunch the next day. I checked with my hubby, if he is ok in eating rajma chawal for lunch and the answer was a big YES. 

This is how I prepared it:

Soak rajma overnight and pressure cook it with 2 whistles, with little salt, turmuric and oil.

1 md onion,chopped
2 big tomatoes,chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp coriander pwdr
1 tsp jeera pwdr
1 tsp red chilli pwdr
1/2 tsp amchur pwdr
5-6 strands of chopped coriander
3 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
1 small cinnamon stick
1 small cardamom
1 small bay leaf
2 green chillies

Grind cinnamon, cardamon, bayleaf , onions, tomatoes and chillies to a fine paste.

Now take a kadai and add oil, add the above grinded mixture, salt and ginger paste and fry until the raw smell disappears. It's now time to add the red chilly pwdr, coriander pwdr, cumin pwdr, amchur pwdr and garam masala pwdr and saute it. Add cooked rajma now and ensure that it gets completely cooked with the masalas and the gravy. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve it with hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment