Friday, October 5, 2012

Corn Kheer..

Dont be surprised. It really tastes good. I got to know this recipe when I had been to a restaurant for my friend's birthday party and they served this kheer as dessert. We were the last set of people to leave and I managed to get the recipe from one of the cooks there.

I did prepare this at home and it just got over. I make sure that if I'm experimenting, I dont cook in large quantities. Even if it fails or goes bad, there is not much to waste.

So for all those who want to try.. just go with the below measurements...

1/2 ltr regular milk
200gms corn
100gms sugar
100ml honey
50gms khova
2-3 strands saffron
2crushed elachi (along with skin)
1 tbspn crushed almond

Boil milk in low flame. Once milk is boiled, add saffron. Also add khova, sugar and elachi and keep stirring them frequently.

Meanwhile just make a coarse paste of corn. Don't make a paste of it. Add this also
into the above milk mixture and keep stirring, till a strong pangant flavor of corn is not gone. Finally add honey and mix well. Garnish with crushed almonds and enjoy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment