Friday, August 24, 2012

Upma bonda...

I had made upma, one fine morning, but from chirotti rave. It really tasted well but it was no less than a paste. With great difficulty I managed to eat it, what was on my plate but not the one that was in the kitchen.

I did not want to waste the upma, because it tasted well.... So I was thinking very hard, how to finish the upma.

The same evening, when I returned home from work, it started raining very heavily and I wanted to eat something hot and spicy.. Bonda.. bajji was the 1st thing that strikes my mind when it starts raining.

I prepared the dough this way:

2 md cup kadale hittu
1 pinch of turmuric,
1 tspn salt,
pinch of hing & baking soda
2 tspn chilly pdr,

First mix the above mixture before you add water and the consistency should be little thicker than the dosa dough.

I sprinkled little water on the upma and made small balls of it. Mixed it with the bonda dough and fried it. Ate it with tomato sauce.. watching it rain outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment