Friday, August 24, 2012

Green Dosa...

I ended up soaking a lot hesar kallu thinking I will prepare usali or anything that strikes my head at that time.

I was sharing the same thing with my aunt in Mysore and she gave me an idea to prepare dosa with hesar kallu. I was surprised by the recipe she shared, but I did not hesitate to experiment it.

The hesar kallu would easily grind easily because I had soaked it in the morning @ around 9am.

Grind the below ingredients to a fine paste. Ensure that you dont add a lot of water while grinding.  

4 chillies,
1 tspn ginger paste
2 tspn salt
5 strands of coriander leaves
3 md cups of hesar kallu

Once the grinding is done, pour the mixture into a new vessel. For extra taste, I added 1 tspn of jeera and 1 md chopped onion.

Prepared dosas like any other batter and enjoyed eating it with chutney pudi which my mom had given.

No comments:

Post a Comment