Monday, July 2, 2012

Besan Ladoooooo....

I had1/4 kg of besan flour left at home and my instinct was to prepare a sweet. The only recipe I knew was besan ladoo. So I all set to experiment it.

I had most of the ingredients and the ones required is, mentioned below:

1/4 kg powdered sugar
1/4 kg besan flour
1 tspn grinded elachi
2 tspn ghee
1 md cup boiled and cooled milk
mixed dry fruits (cashew-nuts, dry grapes) these are the only ones I had.

Take a kadai and add 2tspn of ghee. Once its melted, add the dry fruits and also the besan flour and fry them, till the besan flour colour changes. Now add the powdered sugar and grinded elachi and mix well with the flour.

Take the kadai out of the stove. Once it's medium warm, sprinkle milk on it and with the help of your both palms, make small round balls.

I managed to make around 16 small balls of besan ladoo and enjoyed eating it with friends in the office.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of my neighbour during the diwali festival (when I was a kid)
    The number of bessan ladoos I had from their huge dabba.

    ReplyDelete