Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sweet pumpkin palya

My owner gave me a farm fresh medium sized sweet pumpkin which was very raw...I kept it for 2 full months...but it was not ready for cooking. ..It still looked raw, yellowish nearing orange, its regular color. Waited for a week and having lost my patience,  I decided to cook it....

As I chopped, I was thinking what can I prepare with this vegetable. Earlier I had made haasi kuuto with this and this time I wanted to prepare a palya..

Ingredients:
1 small sweet pumpkin chopped to desired shape
4 to 5 Curry leaves
3 tbspn Oil
1 tspn Mustard seeds
1 tspn hing

Blend the below ingredients to coarse powder:
2 tbspn Coriander seeds
7 to 8 Red chillies
1 tbspn salt
1 tspn Turmeric
1 md cup grated coconut

Pressure cook the pumpkin for 1-2 whistles max. Meanwhile take a kadai, add oil and once it's hot add mustard seeds. Once the seeds crackle, add the cooked pumpkin and saute it. Add the blended pwdr, hing and curry leaves. Cook for 10-15mins and it's ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment