Friday, September 14, 2012

Jhunka....

I know lot of you'll will be curious to know what this dish is all about.I dont even know how this curry got it's name. But it tastes yummy.


Many years back, in mid 90's, I heard my chikamma (mom's younger sister), sharing the recipe with my mom.  But when I ask my mom now, she says.. it was she who was explaining it to her sister. Anyways who was explaining it to whom, still remains a mystery, to me, even today.


1 big bunch chopped sabsige soppu
1 md chopped onion
2-3 chopped chillies
1 tspn mustard seeds
1 tspn jeera
1/4 tspn hing
1/2 tspn salt
1/4 tspn turmuric
2 tbspn besan flour (kadale hittu)
1 md cup water

Take a kadai, and saute the kadale hittu till it changes colour and we shall get a very nice aroma. Pour the flour into a clean plate and keep it aside.

Now pour oil into the kadai and once it's hot add mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add jeera, onion, salt and chillies and saute it completely. We shall see the onion turning golden brown, which means the onion is cooked. Now we need to add the chopped sabsige soppu and kadale hittu. Mix it well and add water. Bring it to boil.

Yummy to eat with hot chapatis.

No comments:

Post a Comment